There is one project that has touched our hearts this Christmas, which we would like to ask you to consider helping us to support.
Bangkok is home to a desperate population of Christian refugees. Escaping religious persecution in Pakistan and trapped in Thailand, where they are unable to work, or access basic services, they are trapped, marginalised and truly forgotten.
The Order of Malta is working with 180 families in Thailand, supporting them with financial aid, assistance with health care, education for approximately 90 school-age children, and asylum applications to secure their futures.
- Just $25 would provide teaching equipment for one child for a whole school year
- $100 would provide tuition fees for a child for the school year
- Just $20 represents a day’s salary for a teacher
Please email us at [email protected] if you would like to support other projects of the Order, such as Albanian Relief Service, which provides after-school teaching and support for 30 children from disadvantaged backgrounds, not only improving their education but also providing the childcare that allows family members to work.
- $11 would provide one of the children with a hot meal each school day for a month
- $50 would pay for a nurse to provide medical advice and education for a month
- $100 would fund the support of a social worker at the school for a month
Thank you again for your generous support which helps make this, and the other projects, we support possible.
We wish you a very happy and holy Christmas!
The Global Fund for Forgotten People team