Image: Lithuanian Relief Service
Would you like to help raise money for life-changing projects around the world? The Global Fund for Forgotten People is hiring a Fundraising Operations Officer to play a key role within a small team, supporting Fundraising and Operations activities.
Title: Fundraising Operations Officer
Reports to: Chief Philanthropy Officer
Salary: £28,000 – £32,000 pa
The role will suit someone highly organised with good attention to detail and the ability to manage effective systems. Experience working with high net worth clients or other senior management is desirable. The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills, be a self-starter and flexible and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, learning through doing.
The role requires the ability to write clearly and concisely to a high standard, have a good understanding of the principles of effective fundraising and to contribute to the development of new approaches, systems and concepts across the organisation. The candidate must have the ability to understand the complexities of a global organisation as well as being comfortable picking up general tasks as part of a small team.
The role involves some overseas travel, though is based primarily at our office in London. Sympathy with the teachings of the Catholic faith is essential, as is the ability to work with people from many different backgrounds and cultures.
- Maintaining and developing systems and processes to support operational and other requirements, including GDPR, customer management systems and other requirements
- Working with donor stewardship process to maximise efficiency and opportunity
- Co-ordinating the Fund’s presence at events
- Supporting the design and management of donor field visits, engaging with the grants team and producing relevant materials
- Support with production of fundraising materials for donors and prospects including writing of proposals, reports and thank you letters
- Work with the Chief Philanthropy Officer to research and identify donor prospects
- Support with global governance concepts as they relate to effective donor relationships, for example tax-efficient giving
Skills and experience
- Excellent written English, fluency in at least one other European language is desirable
- Good working knowledge of PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Experience with donor or customer management and research systems (particularly Blackbaud) is desirable
- Fundraising experience in either a professional or voluntary form
- Events organisation experience in either a professional or voluntary form
- Ability to implement effective, light touch organisational systems
- Proactive approach with excellent attention to detail
If you think this might be the role for you, we’d love to hear from you! Please send a CV and cover letter to Emily van Lier ([email protected]).